I am eating one right now with my Crazy Simple Keto Bulletproof Chai Tea. They are good cold, room temperature and warmed up. I think they are best at room temperature though.
Coconut Almond Keto Cakes
The first time I cooked these, they were perfect! I placed 2 in the refrigerator and the rest of the batch in a glass Tupperware container and froze them so we could take portions out as we needed them. We ate the ones I kept in the fridge within an hour of storing them.
We couldn’t help ourselves as we had not had a treat in a few days. The next day, my Dad was opening our standing freezer to grab out some frozen stuff we needed for dinner when in the corner of my eye, I witnessed the entire glass container of mini morsels of cakey deliciousness come flying out of the freezer, slamming my Dad in the shin, bouncing off of him and shattering all over the floor.
Keto Cakes No More
I felt my heart flutter. I’d like to say that my heart fluttered because I knew my Dad has super sensitive shins (due to a health condition) and how much that would’ve hurt, but I think it fluttered more because I knew our little cakes were gone now and covered in splinters of glass all over our kitchen floor and into the hallway.
I mean, we have never broken any of our glass Tupperware as it is super stable and strong and we stack them really well to avoid this from occurring, but, this one had a mind of its own and literally flew at Dad.
I was trying to figure out how this had happened. I can’t say I wasn’t frustrated because I had worked so hard on them. Although, it totally wasn’t my Dads fault. We were both frustrated and disappointed.
Coconut Almond Keto Cakes FPC Chart
He then confessed that he had not packed them into the freezer very well and had balanced them on some slippery frozen items and the container was not laying flat. At the time, I was more concerned that I had to clean up all the glass that had exploded over our hardwood floors than how Dads leg was. I didn’t think it would’ve done much damage.
Well, I was wrong! Very wrong! After cleaning it up and letting go of the fact that we have no cake and after I’d calmed down from the whole ordeal, I noticed Dads leg was bleeding and had already bruised. Boy, did I feel awful. Knowing his legs are so sensitive, particularly the shins, I knew he must’ve been in pain.
Anyway, due to the PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), we both endured after this event, I didn’t make them for two weeks. Yesterday, I finally made another batch. This batch is so good. You may be wondering if we froze some this time.
Yes, we very carefully packed them into our freezer, making sure they lie flat and on nothing that could cause them to become unbalanced. So glad we made them again. Hope you enjoy!
Coconut Almond Keto Cakes
- 180 grams Almond Flour not almond meal
- 60 grams Coconut desiccated
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt or Himalayan Salt or Himalayan, finely ground
- 250 grams Erythritol coarse ground (or sweetener of choice)
- 4 x 50 gram Eggs whisked
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract natural
- 175 grams Butter unsalted, melted and cooled
- Optional: Erythritol powdered (or sweetener of choice)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C/355°F.
- Grease a friand baking dish or a mini loaf baking tray (we use silicone mini loaf baking trays) with butter. If you use silicone, you don't need to grease them.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut, salt and erythritol (or another sweetener of your choice) until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- When the butter is cool enough, add it to the egg mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the egg and butter mixture into the dry ingredient bowl and stir until all the dry ingredients are combined. The batter may seem loose but this is okay.
- Transfer the batter into the baking tray (silicone mini loaf pan) to make 8 and scatter some coconut flakes (or slivered/sliced almonds) on the top of each cake.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until slightly browned on the top. You can use the skewer test to ensure these are cooked inside if you wish.
- Cool the cakes in the silicone baking tray on a cooling rack.
- Optional: Sprinkle erythritol powder (or another sweetener powder of your choice) over each cake.
COCONUT ALMOND KETO CAKES
NOW TO PINTEREST!