I realised just how much bread we had been eating prior to keto. I think we saved like $10-15 per week in bread. My usual routine was waking up and putting the kettle on while I toasted 2 slices of bread and smothered it in smashed avocado, lemon, salt and pepper.
1 Minute Keto Bread
It was a few weeks in before we discovered we could not only eat bread (low-carb) but we could actually cook it in the microwave in one minute!
I have to say, it is quite different than the bread we all grew up on. But, when you weigh it up, I’d much prefer eating this low carb Crazy Simple 1 Minute Keto Bread than loading up on carbs that only turn into sugar once consumed.
Low Carb but still Tasty Keto Bread
Not only are these low carb but they are full of nutrition. With the egg containing all our essential amino acids as well as 9 other amino acids, it is a superfood and a great source of food for those of you living keto. In fact, whole eggs exceed all other protein foods.
As well as egg, the almond flour contains great fat content, some protein and a nice mix of magnesium, iron, calcium and potassium and they taste amazing. Adding butter as a spread to these 1 Minute Keto Breads is also a great way to up your fat macros for the day without consuming a heap of carbs.
We would recommend cutting these through the middle horizontally and toasting both sides as they do come out of the microwave a little damp and dense.
1 Minute Keto Bread FPC Chart
Maybe even try to pan fry the batter instead of microwaving it and see what happens. We must try this ourselves.
Anyway you have it, these are Crazy Simple Keto and definitely, a must try. Enjoy!
1 Minute Keto Bread
Optional: 1/2 tsp natural caramel or maple flavoured stevia drops. We use Sweet Leaf Caramel Sweet Drops.
- In a mug or a very small microwave-safe bowl (around 7-10cm or 3-4 inch in diameter), mix all the wet ingredients together until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place it in the microwave and cook on med-high for 1 minute.
- When your bread is finished in the microwave, pull it out and let it rest. It may seem a little damp but just let it sit for a little while before serving.
- We prefer this bread cut through the middle to make 2 slices and then toasted with either bacon and egg on it or just some smashed avocado, pepper and salt. Enjoy!
1 MINUTE KETO BREAD
NOW TO PINTEREST!