If you’re anything like me, you just can’t go without. I made this scrumptious Cheese and Bacon Keto Bread as a surprise for my Dad on a really cold rainy day when he had been working really hard and was completely exhausted. He really needed a pick-me-up.
Cheese and Bacon Keto Bread
This Crazy Simple Cheese and Bacon Keto Bread can be served cold with a smear butter as a side, or you could make toast and put some avocado and cheese grilled on top, make a grilled cheese with it, or serve it warmed up or toasted smothered in salty butter.
However you have it, its delicious, comforting, and an absolute must try! This delicious bread is so Crazy Simple to make and it’s as Keto as you can get when it comes to bread.
Spice up your Keto Bread
To spice things up some more, you could try adding extra black pepper and some red chilli flakes, and you could also try using various cheeses.
Any kind of cheese that melts well is a great choice. Sometimes we use Monterey Jack or smoked cheddar which changes the flavour slightly, for something different.
Cheese and Bacon Keto Bread FPC Chart
When I first served this bread up to my Dad, he said it reminded him of a bacon and cheese meat pie, his favourite.
I think he is this breads biggest fan. We hope you guys will be too. Enjoy!
Cheese and Bacon Keto Bread
- 1/2 cup Butter melted (100g/3.5oz)
- +1 Tbs Butter for frying bacon (14g/0.5oz)
- 6 x 50g Eggs Organic Free Range
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil melted (30g/1oz)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (5g/0.2oz)
- 2 cups Almond Meal (200g/7oz)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt (2g/.07oz)
- 1 tsp Oregano dried (1.6g/.06oz)
- 1 grams Yeast for taste only (.04oz)
- 3 slices Bacon rindless (125g/4.4oz)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated (30g/1.06oz)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder (5g/.2oz)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (5g/.2oz)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Grease (with coconut oil) and line (with parchment/baking paper) an 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inch (21 x 11 x 6 cm) loaf pan and set aside.
- In a hot pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and cook the chopped bacon until brown and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, yeast, salt, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder and stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Crack 6 room temperature eggs into a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Melt butter and coconut oil, separately, and set aside. Before combining the butter and coconut oil with the eggs, make sure they are both warm liquid, not hot, as you do not want to cook the eggs when they're added to the eggs. Add the butter and coconut oil to the eggs and stir until combined.
- Pour the egg and butter into the dry ingredients, and stir until all the dry ingredients are saturated in the egg mix.
- Transfer the whole mix into the lined loaf pan and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Insert a skewer into the middle of the bread to see if it comes out dry. If not, cook further in 5-minute intervals or until the bread comes out fully cooked.
CHEESE AND BACON KETO BREAD
NOW TO PINTEREST!
Have you made our Cheese and Bacon Keto Bread?
If you’ve made our Cheese and Bacon Keto Bread then make sure you let us know in the comments below or, even better, tag us in an Instagram photo of your creation @CrazySimpleKeto!