Anyway, with the strong winds and cold weather, there is nothing better than escaping the cold by visiting our local coffee shop and ordering a delicious mug of almond milk chai tea. With hints of star anise, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and sometimes extra ginger, it is so full of creamy delicious flavour and warms up your body quickly when it’s really cold outside.
Be careful though as many cafes use awful tasting chai teabags or even the chai syrup that is absolutely full of sugar and artificial nasties. You need freshly brewed real chai tea in either almond or another nut milk. Bring your own natural sweetener if you like things sweet as many cafes serve this with honey, sugar or artificial sweetener.
Coconut Chai Keto Fat Bombs with No Sweetener
I chai and I chai but I just can’t get off the spices 😜. And, another bad joke from Tinee. Sorry guys.
There is this one cafe (a secret location) close to where we live that makes your chai according to your preference in spices. For example, if you like strong cinnamon, they’ll add extra and if you like extra cloves (does anyone like extra cloves? doubt it!) they will add extra for you.
Apart from the delicious creamy flavour and the warmth found in a large mug of chai, the spices you consume actually have positive health benefits. Cinnamon, used in recipes dating back to ancient Egypt, an expensive and rare spice that was gifted to kings, helps to regulate blood sugar.
Cinnamon Makes Chai Amazing
Cinnamon derives from the inner bark of a Cinnamomum tree and has long been known for its ability to make cells more responsive to insulin. For those of you with diabetes, metabolic illnesses like PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), or with insulin resistance, this is the spice for you.
Cinnamon is also packed full of polyphenols, very powerful antioxidants, that help to repair damage caused by free radicals within the body. Among so many other health benefits, cinnamon may help to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, Parkinson’s disease, dementia and is an anti-inflammatory.
We use cinnamon in so many of our recipes, savoury and sweet. It has an amazing flavour and kind of zing to it. However, our favourite way to consume it is in our Keto BulletProof Chai Tea, or in our Coconut Chai Keto Fat Bombs. Oh, and if you’ve never tried chai, just chai it, you’ll like it!
Coconut Chai Keto Fat Bombs with No Sweetener FPC Chart
It may help to prevent diabetes and heart disease too, as it seems to be able to drastically reduce blood sugar levels in the body. Plus, it is super tasty in savoury and sweet dishes. We love using ginger in our Crazy Simple Keto Garlic Greens just to spice things up. Sometimes, if we have a cold or flu, it helps warm us up when we add it to our herbal teas. Goes particularly well in lemon green tea.
If you don’t feel like making up your own chai mix, we really like this delicious organic chai one. Perfect for your own Coconut Chai Keto Fat Bombs with No Sweetener.
Coconut Chai Keto Fat Bombs with No Sweetener
- Bring butter to room temperature and divide into 85g and 40g lots.
- Place coconut into a pan and slowly toast it until golden brown. Be careful as the coconut can burn very quickly. I learned this the hard way. Set aside to cool.
- Using the 40g lot of butter, place in a pan and melt on a very low heat. When melted, add the chai spice mix (and your sweetener, if using one) and stir until combined. Do not let the butter burn away. When combined, add in 1/2 a cup of the toasted coconut and stir thoroughly until well combined. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, place the remaining 1/2 cup of toasted coconut, the cardamom, cinnamon, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds and mix thoroughly.
- Add the remaining 85g of butter to the dry ingredients and rub together until well combined and you're able to form balls. Note: the mix may be very loose.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes until firm enough to form balls when rolled. Make sure you check after 30 minutes and at 45 minutes to make sure the mix isn't too hard to form balls.
- When the mixture is ready, roll mixture in hands to form 10 balls and then roll each ball into the cooled coconut chai mixture. You may need to press the mixture into the balls slightly to make sure they are well covered.
- Place in the refrigerator for 60 minutes before serving and store them in there for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Enjoy!
SAVE THESE COCONUT CHAI
KETO FAT BOMBS WITH NO SWEETENER
NOW TO PINTEREST!