No need to miss out on this delicious comfort food with this mock potato mash, loaded with sour cream and cheese and bursting with flavour.
You can make it suit your taste buds as well. For example, if you love buttery mash, up your butter. If you love sour cream mash, up your sour cream, and so forth. I like it with extra sour cream and a little extra salt, whereas, others enjoy it with extra butter.
However you like it, this recipe won’t disappoint. If you do make changes though, make sure to calculate your own food macros as adding and changing will affect these.
Fresh Cauliflower or Frozen
Another hint to making Crazy Simple Keto Cauliflower Mash is to use fresh cauliflower. I wouldn’t attempt to use the frozen stuff as it tastes like the smell of dead rats and contains a much larger amount of water.
Even with the fresh stuff, I like to squeeze out as much of the water content as possible as it just makes for a better caulimash.
Cauliflower is a Keto Staple
Cauliflower is an absolute MUST HAVE for the keto lifestyle. We make caulimash, cauli-pizza base, cauliflower scallopini (delicious!), cauliflower steaks and all sorts of delicious variations.
I like to go on a “caulihunt” before buying cauliflower because it can be expensive where we live and more often than not, Coles and Woolworths have mouldy-topped, squishy rubbery feeling tiny cauliflowers for like $5 AUD each.
Keto Cauliflower Mash FPC Chart
Find Cauliflower Cheaper at Markets
I find that some of the smaller deli-style fruit markets often have much fresher produce. When we find really nice ones for a good price, I stock up on them and prep some different forms and freeze it.
I mostly just make cauliflower rice though because we use a lot of it and I can vacuum seal bags of it and pop it in the deep freeze. This stops it from gaining moisture while being frozen as cauliflower contains a lot of water.
I don’t like to freeze it at all if I don’t have to though. It does last for a while in the fridge.
Keto Cauliflower Mash
- 500 grams Cauliflower florets
- 3 Tbs Butter unsalted
- 120 grams Sour Cream full fat
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 Tbs Chives chopped
- 1/4 tsp Erythritol powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower until cooked and tender, then place steamer with cauliflower lid off, to let cauliflower dry out, drain and cool slightly. Use a tea towel or strainer to squeeze excess water out of the cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower in food processor and process until smooth and fluffy. Add butter, sour cream and garlic powder and process until the texture resembles that of mashed potatoes.
- Transfer cauliflower mash into a bowl, add 3/4 of the cheese and 3/4 of the chives and stir through until well combined.
- Sprinkle leftover cheese and chives over the top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
KETO CAULIFLOWER MASH
NOW TO PINTEREST!
A Spin on Keto Cauliflower Mash
If you are looking for a spin on this Keto Cauliflower Mash, then check out our Loaded Cauliflower Keto Mash for something a little different!