Potato!!! I love potato in every form. Hot chips, baked potato, loaded jacket potatoes, the list goes on.
I guess when we first started keto, I initially craved potato and we both missed sitting down on the beach with some hot potato chips and some battered fish for dinner, and we missed having it as a side to many of our dishes.
I mean, it is really hard to tell that it isn’t potato. You know it’s cauliflower when you’re eating it but it tastes so good that we now prefer it over any potato mash we ever ate, and we no longer crave it.
I mean he knew it wasn’t potato when he began eating it but he devoured the first serve then went back for a second round and said it was better than original mashed potato.
I mean, it is still full of sour cream, butter, a bunch of cheese, bacon, and is super creamy and has delicious bursts of flavour in every mouthful.
Loaded Cauliflower Keto Mash FPC Chart
Tasty Loaded Cauliflower Mash
If you love potato mash, you’ll love this recipe. Plus, you can eat it knowing you’re eating low carb keto caulimash, yet you’re still experiencing the same flavours and enjoyment of a loaded mashed potato. We really enjoy the old-fashioned Aussie meal of bangers and mash (sausages and caulimash).
Loaded Cauliflower Keto Mash
- 500 grams Cauliflower florets
- 120 grams Sour Cream full fat
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 3 Tbs Butter full fat
- 2 Tbs Chives chopped
- 3 Slices Bacon rindless
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower until cooked and tender, then place saucepan with cauliflower, lid off, aside to let the cauliflower dry out, drain and cool slightly. Use a tea towel or strainer to squeeze excess water out of the cauliflower. Set aside.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and fry in a pan with the olive oil until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower in food processor and process until smooth and fluffy. Add butter, sour cream and garlic powder and process until the texture resembles that of mashed potatoes.
- Transfer cauliflower mash into a bowl, add 3/4 of the cheese, chives and bacon, pepper and salt to taste and stir through until well combined.
- Sprinkle leftover cheese, bacon and chives over the top.
LOADED CAULIFLOWER KETO MASH
NOW TO PINTEREST!
Sometimes, I just eat this as a whole meal because it has cauliflower (as the vegetable), cheese, bacon, butter and meets all the components of a well-balanced meal.
If you love this Loaded Cauliflower Keto Mash then make sure you share this with your Facebook friends!